Doing business safely at Alert levelS 3 & 2
Current COVID-19 Alert
Auckland is now at alert level 3 while the rest of New Zealand is at alert level 2. Please be assured that the safety of our customers, suppliers and employees remains our highest priority during this time.
In Auckland at Level 3, we will not be open to the general public for recycling but will remain open to industrial and corporate clients deemed essential businesses who need to recycle their scrap metal.
For the rest of New Zealand at Alert Level 2, we will still be open.
During this time across all branches, we will be operating revised procedures specific to approved Government COVID-19 protocols to ensure we are operating our workplace safely – including mandatory use of face masks for all customer-facing employees.
Please ensure you follow any instruction given by our teams, particularly around social distancing and appropriate PPE.
We acknowledge that these processes may create some temporary inconveniences, however, the ongoing health and wellbeing of all persons associated with Sims Pacific Metals remains our primary focus.
Thank you for your understanding.
The Sims Pacific Metals team.
Government-recommended GOLDEN RULES FOR BUSINESSES AT ALERT LEVEL 3
- If your business requires close physical contact it can’t operate.
- We recommend your staff work from home if they can.
- Businesses need to display a QR code and have an alternative contact tracing system. We recommend making sure people either scan in or provide their contact details.
- Customers cannot come onto your premises — unless you are a supermarket, dairy, butcher, fishmonger, greengrocer, petrol station, pharmacy or permitted health service.
- Your business legally must be contactless. Your customers can pay online, over the phone or in a contactless way. Delivery or pick-up legally must also be contactless.
- Basic hygiene measures legally must be maintained. Physical distancing, hand washing and regularly cleaning surfaces. Workers legally must stay home if they are sick.
- Staff legally must remain a minimum of 1 metre apart at all times where practical. Other measures, such as PPE including face coverings, we recommend being used where appropriate.
- Different advice applies to essential healthcare workers, border agencies, courts and tribunal staff, first responders and corrections staff. You can get further advice from the Ministry of Health(external link).
- You legally must meet all other health and safety obligations.