Sims Metal New Zealand is committed to friendly, safe, efficient metal recycling. All our branches are open to the public as well as industrial and commercial organisations. We have a range of Bin, Pickup and Drop Off services available to make your experience as hassle free and profitable as possible.
Benefits of Metal Recycling
- Conserves Natural Resources. Metal recycling preserves our planets finite metal resources. The recycling proces allows us to continually reuse scrap metal which reduces the need for us to extract and process raw materials.
- Reduces Green House Emissions. The recycing process is far mroe efficient than the extraction process. This allows for a significant reduction in carbon emissions. Eg recycling a steel or tin can uses up to 74 % less energy than producing a steel or tin can from raw materials!
- Reduces Land Fill. Metals are recycled means less metals entering landfill. The more we recycle the less unnecccessary landfill is required. Metals take a very long time to biodegrade and with limited landfill capacity, metal reusing and metal recycling is a essential activity.
- Supports Employment. Scrap metal recycling is a labor-intensive industry. Recycling creates new jobs and supports other jobs by suppling the industry with goods and services such as equipment, trucks, containers etc.
How You Can Get Paid By Metal Recycling
Getting paid and metal recycling sounds like a mtach made in heaven!
The first thing you need to do is STOP throwing out metal in your rubbish. If you want to get paid for your metal, keep it aside for us. You can also use your council recycling bin, but you won’t get paid for that.
Here are 4 steps you can take to getting paid to recycle your scrap metal.
- Don’t throw your metal away. Keep it for recycling! You ca even get a free Sims Bin if you are a business or tradie!
- When you have enough saved, free call us on 0800 226 626
- Then you can either order a pickup truck or find your closest drop off branch
- We’ll then weigh your metal and pay you for it. Easy as that!
What Types of Metal Can You Recycle?
We by all types of meatal including Stainless Steel, Aluminium, Copper, Zinc, Iron, Nickle and much more.
Some common items we recycle include:
- Air Conditioners
- Aluminum Cans
- Copper Pipes
- Drill Bits
- Freezers – Commercial And Residential
- Hot Water Cylinders
- Mag Wheels
- Old Ladders
- Old Whiteware
- Roofing Iron
- Window Air Conditioners
You can see a more detailed list of metal items we recycle here.